Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Requiem Reading...Inspiring Libraries

One of my favorite rooms to design is the library, with its interesting challenge to display or hide books (who would want to do that?) in an ever inventive way while speaking to the soul of the client, isn't that what books do? Here are a few of the images I have collected over time of rooms that speak to me in one way or another...and a couple I have designed as well.

FORMAL

My own design above, for Dallas builder Sharif Munir for the 2010 model showhome at 5107 Kelsey Rd. The home is Mediterranean with with some formal Palm Beach details thrown throughout, including the X floor pattern dotted with inserts of marble and plaster relief ceiling design.

Another design by Dallas Design Group, Interiors for builder Sharif Munir,
4834 S. Lindhurst

And one more by the aforementioned builder for a client based project in the Preston Hollow area of Dallas in a mix of Regency and Palladian style architectural elements




MODERNE


This is by far one of my favorite libraries with it's unexpected pop of sunny yellow, designed by the iconic Kelly Wearstler, this is one library that I don't think you'll be "hushed!!" in





And another personal favorite above, I like how the antiqued mirror breaks up the mass display of books and also how neutral the space is, save for the art and accent pieces.


















Photo Credits:
Sharif Munir
Metropolitan Home
Elle Decor
Architectual Digest
House Beautiful

You also might like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails