Thursday, December 24, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

An interior designer should be able to fabricate a pretty kick booty gingerbread house right?! Well my six year old daughter did much of the decorations on the above house which turned out great - while I was in charge of the construction aspects of it...note the gingerbread tree to the right...it became a support to the collapsing roof. I stuck it in the fridge to let the frosting harden and that helped out some, but we had fun anyways so that's what counts! A few more houses via Martha Stewart's website for some holiday inspiration...
I really like this one, it's fresh and different

Too cute...

Are you kidding me...it has LIGHTS! Who can do this...?


Gingerbread manse....maybe the gingerbread man from Candyland lives here off of his royalties?

Traditional gingerbread house, my inspiration for next years attempt...

I can't wait for the "snow" here in D-Town today...I will be traveling after Christmas where even more snow will accumulate so wish me luck in my travels!
God Bless America and send a prayer to the troops who sacrafice so much for all of us, while we aren't fighting the wars that they are in the physical sense we can continue to fight our own war here in America - the recession. We have to get back to the root of what America was built on in the first place...hard work, community, and plain old American values.


Merry Christmas and to a prosperous New Year for all of us!

You also might like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails