Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


I have a lot to give thanks for this year...a beautiful happy, healthy daughter and wonderful family and friends and getting to do my obsession everyday and getting paid for it - working as an interior designer and writing this blog. Also this past year, my 17 year old nephew (who now is 18) had a terrible car accident and was in a coma for months, then to wake up and have no short term memory, couldn't walk or speak. A boy who his whole life was full of laughter, jokes, and energy - playing high school basketball and never met anyone who wasn't his friend. At the ICU he had so many people there, the staff said they had never seen that many people there for one person, it was so amazing to see how many people's lives he touched and continues to touch. I am happy to say that he now walks on his own, is back in school and his memory continues to improve each and every day. My family and I are so thankful for the miracles that he has been blessed with and his own will to overcome each and every obstacle that he faces. I love you Gabriel! Trying to find something good from that terrible event wasn't hard for me, I know in my heart he will be 100% one day. And sometimes when I feel tired or not myself - I think about him and how nothing in life is guaranteed, that this could be my last day on this Earth- or someone else's and push myself as hard as I can and take joy in the little things that we take for granted everyday. Stop and smell the roses, watch the sunset and most of all - give thanks to everyone...those who love you and those who don't, as those are the people who push me to do better to overcome their negativity and prove them wrong....
Ok, now go eat some turkey!! Happy Thanksgiving!

You also might like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails